On this page you will find DFØ's role as Norwegian Peppol Authority.
As Peppol Authority we have obligations towards those that have signed a contract with OpenPeppol through us.
What is PEPPOL?
- What is eDelivery - the Peppol network (Access Points and SMP's)?
- What are the formats (BIS)?
- What is PEPPOL?
- Upcoming events:
- The May release 2022 will be published on May 2:nd and become mandatory on Monday, May 30:th.
Peppol Agreement with DFØ
New Access Points that want to be a part of the Peppol network have to sign an agreement with a Peppol authority, such as DFØ. Find the domain(s) that you would like to operate within. You can operate within one or more domain(s).
- Post-Award Agreement (catalogue, order, invoice etc.)
- Pre-award agreement (tender and bid) - must be signed with OpenPeppol
- eGovernment Agreement - under implementation
- ePayment Agreement (ISO20022) - please see the Rulebook
There are obligations for being part of the Peppol network:
What is happening in OpenPeppol?
Important upcoming activities
As a contractual party to OpenPeppol you must make sure:
- Re-signing of new Peppol service provider agreement must be done before July 1:st
- Review of changes in Peppol BIS for spring release 2022 is now available, see changes
Peppol BIS 2022 May release
The 2022 May release of the Peppol Post-Award artefacts (BIS documents and validation artefacts) has been published. Note that the release name “spring release” is being replaced with “May release” because the seasons are not the same for all Peppol users.
This release from Peppol includes changes to the mandatory validation artefacts for all published Peppol BIS 3.0 documents. For details about changes in this release consult the release notes.
For other BIS: https://docs.peppol.eu/poacc/upgrade-3/release-notes/
The release package and its validation artefacts can be downloaded via:
The BIS 3.0 specifications in this release are mandatory from Monday 30 May 2022 12:00 CEST. Please prepare implementation and support for this release as soon as possible to be ready for the mandatory deadline.
How to questions
How to become an Access Point in the Peppol Network?
Please go to our pages for being a service provider in OpenPeppol - eDelivery, SMP and format (Norwegian pages)
How to become a SMP in the Peppol Network?
In Norway it is common to use the Norwegian SMP called
ELMA. Access Points operating with Norwegian receivers of
messages are recommended to use ELMA.
When you are a certified Access Point with end-points in Norway you can get access to ELMA.
Who are AP's, ERP vendors, accounting systems, web-portals operating in Norway?
How to send an electronic invoice
You can create valid electronic invoices in Norway in two ways:
- using your internal ERP or accounting systems
- using an approved invoicing portal provider
Step by step guide to creating an invoice using your own internal ERP or accounting systems
- Create an invoice formatted according to the legal requirements documented in the invoice specification guide.
Generate an invoice using an accounting system that can produce EHF or Peppol BIS-formatted invoices. Many commercially available accounting systems include this functionality.
Validate the format so that the format is correct before sending.
- Connect to an access point.
Many commercially available accounting and ERP systems already have built-in access point capabilities that you can activate, by contacting your software provider.
You can also purchase a connection agreement from an access point provider.
- Confirm the identity of the recipient in the address register, using their organization number.
Confirm the identity of your recipient in the SMP - ELMA, the address register for Norwegian EHF and Peppol BIS receivers. ELMA contains information about Norwegian public and private entities that can receive EHF and Peppol BIS documents electronically. If you do not find the recipient in ELMA then go to Peppol Dirctory for all SMP's in the Peppol network.
- Send your Peppol BIS or EHF-formatted invoice to the recipient identified in ELMA(SMP), using your connection to the Peppol infrastructure.
Step by step guide to creating an invoice using an approved invoicing portal provider
- Contract with an approved invoicing portal provider to send the invoices to your recipient.
- Create an invoice formatted according to the legal requirements listed above.
- Send the invoices to your recipient from the portal provider.
Statistic on receivers in Norway (ELMA), messages sent/received (reported by Access Points with Peppol PA - DFØ)
Additional work that is not a part of DFØ
DFØ does also provide additional work that is not a part of The Norwegian Agency for Public and Financial Management (DFØ) as a PEPPOL Authority:
PEPPOL network - eDelivery (Access Point)
Norwegian Digitalisation Agency has developed a program for
exchanging messages between Access Point in OpenPeppol - Oxalis
Oxalis is the most used exchange message program in the Peppol network. Oxalis is also used in OpenPeppol testbed. Oxalis is compliant with EU-commission CEF project and is listed on CEF conformant page.
Technical information about Oxalis, visit Oxalis Community technical pages.
PEPPOL network - SMP (ELMA)
Formats developed by The Norwegian Agency for Public and Financial Management (DFØ) - EHF
The Norwegian Agency for Public and Financial Management (DFØ) has developed formats for the Norwegian marked. These formats are mostly compliant with Peppol BIS formats.